Comedies, tragi-comedies; & tragædies [sic]: / written by John Ford.
- Other Title:
- Comedies, tragi-comedies; & tragedies
- London : [publisher not identified], Printed Ann: Dom: 1652.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 86, ; ; ; ; ; , 67 [id est 77], ;  pages)
- English drama -- 17th century.
- The lovers melancholy
Tis pitty shee's a whore
The broken heart
The chronicle historie of Perkin Warbeck
The fancies, chast and noble
The ladies triall.
- A unique collection of seven of John Ford's plays, published between 1629 and 1639, bound for Walter Chetwynd of Ingestre and for whom title page was probably printed.
Each play has separate title-page and signature and was also published separately. 'The lovers melancholy' and 'The fancies chast and noble' have their own pagination; all the other plays are unpaginated.
Numerous errors in pagination.
Manuscript annotations describing contents on recto of opening leaf of volume; other manuscript annotations at various points of volume.
Title wrongly transcribed in Wing as: Comedies, tragi-comedies, and tragidies.
Imperfect: faded print and print show-through with some loss of text.
Reproduction of the original in the National Library of Scotland.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English Books, 1641-1700 ; 2723:3) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd edition) F1466A
- Ford, John, 1586-ca. 1640. Lovers melancholy. 1629
Ford, John, 1586-ca. 1640. 'Tis pity she's a whore 1633
Ford, John, 1586-ca. 1640. Broken heart. 1633
Ford, John, 1586-ca. 1640. Loves sacrifice. 1633
Ford, John, 1586-ca. 1640. Chronicle historie of Perkin Warbeck. 1633
Ford, John, 1586-ca. 1640. Fancies, chast and noble. 1638
Ford, John, 1586-ca. 1640. Ladies triall. 1639
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|