The Christen state of matrymonye : wherein housebandes and wyues maye lerne to kepe house together wyth loue. The original of holy wedlok: wha[n], wher, how, & of whom it was instituted & ordeined: what it is: how it ought to proceade: what be the occasio[n]s, frute and commodities therof. Contrarye wyse: how shamefull & horrible a thi[n]g whoredom and aduoutry is: how one ought also to chose him a mete & conuenient spouse to kepe and increase the mutual loue, trueth and dewty of wedloke: and how maryed folkes shoulde bringe vp theyr children in the feare of God. Set forthe by Myles Couerdale.
- Standardized Title:
- Christlich Eestand. English
- Other Title:
- Der Christlich Eestand.
- [Imprinted at London : By Nycholas Hyll for Rycharde Kele, Anno incarnationis Christis. M.D.LII. ]
- Early English books online
1 online resource (92,  leaves)
- Marriage -- Religious aspects -- Christianity -- Early works to 1800.
- A translation by Miles Coverdale of: Bullinger, Heinrich. Der Christlich Eestand.
Imprint from colophon.
Publication date preceeds place of publication in colophon.
Has no preface; with chapters 1-21. Differs from STC variety (a) by omitting chapter 12, and chapter 13 has the text of chapter 14--STC.
Reproduction of the original in Marsh's Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 183:02) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 4051.
- Coverdale, Miles, 1488-1568.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|