The declaration of His Highnes William Henry, by the grace of God Prince of Orange, &c. of the reasons inducing him to appear in armes in the kingdome of England, for preserving of the Protestant religion, and for restoring the lawes and liberties of England, Scotland and Ireland. : Here unto are added the letters of the aforesaid his illustrious Highnesse to the sea and land forces of England, together with the prayer for the present expedition.
- Standardized Title:
- Declaration of his Highness William Henry, by the grace of God, Prince of Orange, &c. of the reasons inducing him to appear in arms for preserving of the Protestant religion and for restoring the laws and liberties of England, Scotland and Ireland.
- Other Title:
- His Highnesses declaration
- Printed at the Hague : by Arnold Leers, bookseller at the signe of Plutarch. By speciall order of his Highnesse, 1688.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 17 pages)
- Great Britain -- History -- Revolution of 1688 -- Sources -- Early works to 1800.
- According to J.E.S. Clarke and H.C. Foxcroft, "Life of Gilbert Burnet" (pages 243), the declaration was actually written for William of Orange by Gaspar Fagel and was translated into English by Gilbert Burnet.
At foot of title page: With priviledge of the great and mighty the states of Holland and Westfriesland.
Includes "The declaration of His Highness William Henry by the grace of God Prince of Orange, &c. of the reasons inducing him to appear in arms for preserving of the Protestant religion, and for restoring the laws and liberties of the ancient kingdom of Scotland", which has caption title on pages 11; register and pagination are continuous.
On pages 17: Praier for the present expedition.
Reproduction of original in the British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books; Tract supplement ; C13:1) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) W2328C
Early English books tract supplement interim guide E.1963
- William III, King of England, 1650-1702. , Author
Burnet, Gilbert, 1643-1715, tr.
Fagel, Caspar, 1634-1688, attributed name.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|