Most briefe tables to knovv redily hovv manie ranckes of footemen armed with corslettes, as vnarmed, go to the making of a iust battaile : from an hundred vnto twentie thousand. Next a very easie, and approued way to arme a battaile with harkabuzers, and winges of horsemen according to the vse at these daies. Newlie increased, and largelie amplified both in the tables, as in the declarations of the same, by the aucthour himselfe. Girolamo Cataneo Nouarese. Tourned out of Italian into English by H.G.
- Standardized Title:
- Modo di formare con prestezza le moderne battaglie di picche, archibugieri, et cavalleria. English
- Other Title:
- Modo di formare con prestezza le moderne battaglie di picche, archibugieri, et cavalleria.
Most briefe tables to know redily how manie ranckes of footemen armed with corslettes, as unarmed, go to the making of a just battaile.
Arte of warre.
- Imprinted at London : By Thomas East: for Iohn Wight, 1588.
- Early English books online
1 online resource ( pages)
- Military art and science -- Early works to 1800.
- H.G. = Henry Grantham?.
A translation of: Modo di formare con prestezza le moderne battaglie di picche, archibugieri, et cavalleria.
Signatures: A⁶ B-D⁴ E² F-H⁴ I² .
The last leaf is blank.
Most copies are found as part 3 of "The arte of warre" by Niccolò Machiavelli (STC 17166).
Identified as part of STC 17166 on UMI microfilm reel 431.
Reproductions of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.
Appears at reels 312 and 431 (same copy filmed twice).
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 312:6c, 431:6c) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 4791.
- Grantham, Henry, active 1571-1587, attributed name.
Machiavelli, Niccolò, 1469-1527.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|