[T]hirteen books of natural philosophy : viz. I. Of the principles, and common adjuncts of all natural bodies. II. Of the heavens, the world, and elements. III. Of action, passion, generation, and corruption. IV. Of meteors. V. Of minerals and metals. VI. Of the soul in general, and of things vegetable. VII. Of animals or living creatures. VIII. Of man. Unto which is added five books more of natural philosophy in several discourses. IX. Discourses 1. Of the principles of natural things. X. Dis. 2. Concerning the occult and hidden qualities. XI. Dis. 3. Of atomes and mixture. XII. Dis 4. Of the generation of live things. XIII. Dis. 5. Concerning the spontaneous generation of live things. Written in Latin and English. By Daniel Sennert, doctor of physick. Nicholas Culpeper, physitian and astrologer. Abdiah Cole, doctor of physick, and the liberal arts.
- Other Title:
- Thirteen books of natural philosophy
- London : printed by Peter Cole, and Edward Cole, printers and book-sellers, and are to be sold at his shop, at the sign of the Printing-press in Cornhil, neer the Royal Exchange, 1661.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 156, 341-530, 161-224 pages)
- Physics -- Early works to 1800.
- The words "Of the principles, .. meteors.", "V. Of minerals .. man.", "IX. Discourse .. mixture", and "XII. Dis 4. .. things." are joined with separate brackets in the title; the author's names are also bracketed together.
Includes preliminary contents and advertisement.
Each book has a separate caption title.
Text is continuous despite pagination and register.
Signatures: pi1 A⁴ C-Y⁴ Z² 2E-N⁴ D-R⁴ S² T1 2A-H⁴ [-C4, G4].
Title page torn, pages tightly bound, with faded print affecting text.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2058:18) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd edition) S2545
- Culpeper, Nicholas, 1616-1654.
Cole, Abdiah, approximately 1610-approximately 1670.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|