The Byble, whych is all the Holy Scripture : in whych are contayned the Olde and Newe Testament / truelye and purely translated into Englishe by Thomas Matthewe, 1537.
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- Bible. English. 1549.
- Imprinted at London : By Thomas Raynalde, and William Hyll, dwelling in Paules Churche yeard, M.D.XLIX. 
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, ii-ccxliiii [id est 509], cccxl [id est 582], lxxvi [id est 148], , LI [id est 120] pages)
- "In 1537 a revised English Bible known as "Matthew's Bible" appeared. ... The ascription to "Thomas Matthew" was nominal ... its real editor being John Rogers"--Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church.
New Testament has special t.p.
Signatures: *⁶ **⁸ ***⁶ A-2T⁶ 2V⁴, ²2A-2Y⁶, ³2A-2Y⁶ 3A-3B⁶ 3C⁸ 3D⁷, ²A-H⁸ I¹⁰, a-c⁶ d-h⁸ i⁶.
Pages numbered on recto only.
Numerous errors in paging.
Title within illustrated border.
This is an improved copy over that found on reel 84.
Reel guide erroneously lists this item as being on reel 1764.
Reproduction of original in the Bodleian Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1763:3) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 2078
- Rogers, John, 1500?-1555.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|