A wonderfull discoverie of a terrible plot against Hutl [sic]: by the designes of the Lord Digby, many papists, and others, of the malignant party. : Declaring the manner how the two ships loaden with great store of ammunition of armes, came under a pretended colour of merchants ships from the Indies, and how they would have executed their plot that night against Hull. Also how by the providence of God, they were discovered and apprehended. Lastly, the true relation, how five men in disguise would have entred into Hull as being a committee appointed by the Parliament to sit at York. Having 100. horse and 500 foot lying in ambush, to have seized upon the towne as soon as the gates had beene opened. With Irish depositions by His Majesties commission, and an extract of a letter sent from Isidores Coll. in Rome, 4. January 1641.
- Other Title:
- Wonderfull discoverie of a terrible plot against Hull: by the designes of the Lord Digby, many papists, and others, of the malignant party
- London : Printed for Thomas Powell, 1642.
- Early English books online
1 online resource ( pages)
- Digby, George, Lord, 1612-1677 -- Early works to 1800.
- Local subjects:
- Hull (England) -- History -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- History -- Civil War, 1642-1649 -- Early works to 1800.
- "An abstract of the depositions.." signed on pages  by Roger Puttocke and six others.
"An extract of a letter written 4. January 1641." is by Bonaventura O'Connor-- Cf. Wing P4251.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Thomason Tracts ; 26:E149) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd edition) W3364.
- O'Connor, Bonaventura.
- Extract of a letter written 4. January. 1641.
Abstract of the depositions by virtue of His Majesties commission, taken upon oath, concerning the traiterous intention of the rebels.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|