A svvord against swearers and blasphemers : Shewing the lawfulnesse of an oth, and how great a sinne it is to sweare falsely, vainely or rashly. In this edition purg'd of many faultes committed in former impressions, and inlarged with sundry examples of Gods iudgements vpon periured persons and blasphemers of his holy name.
- Standardized Title:
- Swoord agaynst swearyng
- Other Title:
- Swoord agaynst swearyng.
Sword against swearers and blasphemers.
- At London : Printed by G. Eld, dwelling in Fleete-lane, at the signe of the Printers Presse, 1611.
- Early English books online
1 online resource ( pages)
- Oaths -- Early works to 1800.
- Another edition of: Bicknoll, Edmond. A swoord agaynst swearyng.
Omits the dedication found in some editions that identifies Bicknoll as the author. This edition sometimes attributed to Alexander Nowell--STC.
Formerly STC 18743.
Signatures: A⁴ B-F G⁴.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1656:04) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 3050.5.
- Nowell, Alexander, 1507?-1602, attributed name.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|