The practice of the courts of Kings Bench and Common Pleas : wherein the order and method to be used in commencing actions and suits at common law, with the regular proceedings to be observed in the management of the same, as well in those superior courts, as in other inferior and limited jurisdictions, from the original of first process to the execution, are plainly, methodically, and succinctly handled, according to the course and mode of practice now in use. Also, an introduction containing an historical account of the late innovated clause of Aceciam Billæ, &c. in process: with an inquiry into the power of charters granted to corporations and franchises; and what equitable construcion may be made thereupon, as to appearances, taking of bails, putting in declarations, and other proceedings in the inferior courts appertaining thereunto.
- Other Title:
- Method of commencing actions at common law.
- London : printed by the assigns of Rich. and Edw. Atkins esquires, for Abel Roper and Eliz. Wilkinson at the Black Boy, and R. Clavel at the Peacock in Fleetstreet, 1696.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 175 [id est 176], 161-399,  pages)
- England and Wales. Court of Common Pleas -- Rules and practice -- Early works to 1800.
England and Wales. Court of King's Bench -- Rules and practice -- Early works to 1800.
- Attributed by Wing to William Brown.
Register continuous despite pagination.
Caption title on pg. 1: The method of commencing actions at common law.
Includes: The table to the introduction and practice of the court of Kings Bench; The table to the practice of the court of Common-Pleas; indexes each with caption title.
Text mixed roman and black letter.
With three final advert. pages.
Reproduction of the original at the British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2004:03) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd edition) B5094.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|