The scholars guide from the accidence to the university: or, Short, plain and easie rules for performing all manner of exercise in the grammar-school, &c. : Rules for spelling, orthography, pointing, construing; parsing, making Latin, placing Latin, variation amplication, allusion, imitation, observation, moving-passion. As also rules for making colloquies, essays, fables, prosopopœia's, characters, themes, epistles, orations, declamations of all sorts. Together with rules for translation, variation, imitation, carmen, epigrams, dialogues, echo's, epitaphs, hymns, anagrams, arcosticks, chronosticks, &c. By Ra. Johnson, School-Master.
- Other Title:
- Scholars guide from the accidence to the university
Short, plain and easie rules for performing all manner of exercise in the grammar-school, &c.
- The fifth edition corrected.
- London : printed for Ch. Brome at the Gun near the West End of St.Pauls, 1699.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 59,  pages)
- English language -- Grammar -- Textbooks -- Early works to 1800.
English language -- Usage -- Early works to 1800.
- Reproduction of the original in the Lincoln's Inn Library, London.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1927:1) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd edition) J790.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|