The Byble in Englishe : that is, the Olde and New Testament, after the translacion appoynted to bee read in the churches.
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- Bible. English. Great Bible. 1549.
- [London] : Imprynted at London in Fletestrete, at the signe of the Sunne ouer agaynst the conduyte, by Edwarde Whitchurche, the xxi day of December ... M.D.XLIX [21 Dec. 1549]
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, xcviii [id est 196], cxlij [id est 284], cxlviii [id est 296], xcvu [id est 192], , cxvi [id est 232] pages) : illustrations
- Each part has separate t.p. with woodcut border.
"Cum priuilegio ad imprimendum solum."
Signatures: *⁶ a-l⁸ m¹⁰ A-R⁸ S⁶, 2A-2S⁸ 2T⁴, 3A-3M⁸, [pi]² ²A-N⁸ O¹².
Great Bible version--Cf. STC (2nd edition).
"Evidently printed at two different presses"--Wilson : Bibles, Testaments, Psalms... in English, I, 16.
Copy at reel 1847:2 is improved copy over that found at reel 82:2.
Imperfect: copy at 1847:2 lacks signature 3C₆.
Reproduction of originals in the British Library and Bodleian Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 84:2 and 1847:2) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 2079
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|