These are to will and require you, that forthwith upon sight hereof you make your personall appearance with your shovell and pik-axe before us the commissioners appointed for the survey of the high-waies at the gravell-pits near Palmers Green: ...
- Other Title:
- At head of text: Middles.
- [London : publisher not identified, 1658]
- Early English books online
1 online resource (1 sheet ( pages))
- Roads -- Design and construction -- Humor -- Early works to 1800.
Satire, English -- Early works to 1800.
- Title from opening lines of text.
Signed: Iohn Resolute (and 5 others).
Imprint from Wing.
A satirical document purporting to be an order from "the Commissioners for the Survey of the High-waies" requiring persons to appear "with shovell and pik-axe at the gravell-pits near Palmers Green".
Dated at end: Given under our hands at the gravell pits the 28. day of May, 1658.
Annotation on Thomason copy: "May. 3th".
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Thomason Tracts ; 247:669f21) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd edition) M1970.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|