Gnōston tou Theou, k[a]i gnōston tou Christou, or, That which may be knovvn of God by the book of nature : and the excellent knowledge of Jesus Christ by the Book of Scripture. Delivered at St Mary's in Oxford, by Edw. à Wood, M.A. late proctor of the University, and fellow of Merton Coll. Oxon. To which is added the authors last sermon preach'd 20. Mar. 1654/5.
- Other Title:
- Gnōston tou Theou, k[a]i gnōston tou Christou
That which may be known of God by the book of nature.
- The second edition.
- Oxford : printed by H[enry] H[all] printer to the University, for Ed. Forrest, 1674.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 90, 111-240 pages)
- Jesus Christ -- Knowableness -- Early works to 1800.
God -- Knowableness -- Early works to 1800.
- First seven words of title in Greek characters.
"The publisher to the courteous reader" is signed: A.W. [id est Anthony Wood].
Printer's name from Madan.
"A reissue of the sheets B-Q of the first edition of 1656, but the preface by Anthony Wood is omitted, and the title reprinted" -- Cf. Madan 3033.
Text is continuous despite pagination.
Reproduction of the original in the Dr. Williams' Library, London.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2087:12) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd edition) W3388
Madan III, 2319
- Wood, Anthony à, 1632-1695.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|