The image of gouernaunce compiled of the actes and sentences notable, of the most noble emperour Alexandre Seuerus, late translated out of Greke into Englishe, by sir Thomas Elyote knyght, in the fauour of nobilitee. Anno. M.D.XLIX.
- Other Title:
- Image of governance
Image of governaunce.
- [[London] : Imprinted in the house of Thomas Berthelette, ]
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 167 [id est 174],  leaves)
- Severus Alexander, Emperor of Rome, 208-235 -- Early works to 1800.
Kings and rulers -- Duties -- Early works to 1800.
- Based, according to the preface, on a Greek manuscript by Eucolpius, secretary to Severus Alexander, with the addition of extracts from other Latin and Greek authors; in fact based very freely on sections of: Lampridius, A. Historiae Augustae scriptores.
Printer's name from colophon; publication date conjectured by STC.
Leaf 174 misnumbered 167.
In this edition, verso headline reads: The image of.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 36:06) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 7666.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|