The folovving of Christe : translated out of Latin into Englishe, newely corrected and amended vvherevnto also is added the golden epistle of saint Bernard.
- Standardized Title:
- Imitatio Christi. English
- Other Title:
- Folowing of Christe
- [Imprinted at London : in Paules Churche-yarde at the signe of the holye Ghost, by John Cawood printer to the Queenes Maiestie], The second of December, Anno. 1566.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 104, 97-137, leaf 139, leaf 141, leaf 136,  leaves)
- Meditations -- Early works to 1800.
Christian life -- Early works to 1800.
- The traditional attribution to Thomas a ̀Kempis is disputed.
An English translation, by Richard Whitford, of: Imitatio Christi.
"The fourth booke" has separate register.
Place of publication and printer's information from colophon.
Imprimatur at foot of title page: Cum priuilegio ad imprimendum solum.
Signatures: A-T U⁴; A-E.
Reproduction of original in the Folger Shakespeare Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 2086:11) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 23967.5 '
- Whitford, Richard, active 1495-1555?
Bernard, of Clairvaux, Saint, 1090 or 91-1153. , Author
Thomas, à Kempis, 1380-1471, attributed name.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|