Ten sermons tending chiefely to the fitting of men for the worthy receiuing of the Lords Supper : VVherein amongst many other holy instructions, the doctrines of sound repentance and humiliation, and of Gods speciall fauours vnto penitent sinners, and worthy communicants, are largely and effectually handled. The sixe first, by I. Dod. The foure last, by R. Cleauer. Whereunto is annexed a plaine and learned metaphrase on the epistle to the Collossians, written by a godly and iudicious preacher. There is also set before the sermons, a short dialogue of preparation: containing the chiefe points that concerne the worthy receiuing of the Lords Supper, taken for the most part, out of the sermons following: and collected into a method, for the benefit and ease of those that desire directions in this matter.
- Other Title:
- Ten sermons tending chiefely to the fitting of men for the worthy receiving of the Lords Supper
Ten sermons tending chiefely to the fitting of men for the worthy receiving of the Lords Supper.
- Newly printed and enlarged.
- London : Printed by T[homas] P[urfoot] for Roger Iackson, and are to be sould at his shop neere the Conduit in Fleetstreet, 1621.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 124, 127-177, , 177-288 pages)
- Sermons, English -- 17th century.
Lord's Supper -- Sermons -- Early works to 1800.
- Editor's dedication signed: Iohn Winston.
Printer's name from STC.
A variant of the edition with imprint date 1620.
Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1410:08) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 6946.
- Cleaver, Robert, 1561 or 1562-approximately 1625 , Author
Winston, John, active 1614-1634.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|