Directions for musters : Wherein is shevved the order of drilling for the musket and pike. Set forth in postures, with the words of command, and brief instructions for the right use of the same.
- [Cambridge] : Printed by Thomas Buck and Roger Daniel, printers to the Universitie of Cambridge, 1638.
- Early English books online
1 online resource ( pages, 21 plates)
- Military art and science -- Early works to 1800.
Weapons -- Early works to 1800.
Armor -- Early works to 1800.
- The plates, derived from Jacob de Gheyn's Wapen-handelinghe van roers, musquetten en spiessen (STC 11810) are identical to, but apparently in a later state than, those bound with the Huntington Library and Art Gallery copy of STC 7684; see the description in the STC note to STC 794.5. The last plate of the present item has no imprint--STC.
Title page is preceded by an engraved title page that indicates vendor: and are to bee sould by Roger Daniel at the Angel in Lumbard Streete.
Signatures: pi¹ A-B⁴.
Reproduction of the original in the Cambridge University Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1304:09) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 6903.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|