The ploughmans vindication or A confutation of some passages preached in divers sermons by Sherland Adams sometimes minister of Treeton in the county of Yorke. : In which sermons he uttered much bitternesse of spirit against all those that sided with the Parliament; as also cherishing the malignant party, and much animating them to persist in their bloody designs. herein also is shewed the lawfulnesse of informing against all such incendiaries; and the judgements threatned in holy Scripture against such as know and do not reveal their wickednesse. Together with XII quæries whether the said Adams (or any such ceremonious priest) be a minister of God, yea or no? Published by Nicholas Ardron, at the importunate requests of divers the inhabitants of the foresaid county. Imprimatur, John Downame.
- Other Title:
- Confutation of some passages preached in divers sermons by Sherland Adams sometimes minister of Treeton in the county of Yorke
- London, : Printed by I.M. and are to be sold by M. Spark, dwelling at the sign of the Blue Bible in Green Arbour., 1646.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 47,  pages)
- Adams, Sherland, -1664.
Clergy -- England -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- History -- Civil War, 1642-1649 -- Religious aspects -- Early works to 1800.
- Annotation on Thomason copy: "Nou: 9th".
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Thomason Tracts ; 58:E361) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd edition, 1994) A3628.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|