Guide to the Inpatient Pain Consult / edited by Alaa Abd-Elsayed.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- Medicine (Springer-11650)
1 online resource (XII, 636 pages) : 27 illustrations, 21 illustrations in color.
- Pain medicine.
- Local subjects:
- Pain Medicine. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book provides a practically applicable guide on the management of patients with pain in the inpatient setting in a variety of populations.Chapters are focused on how to treat patients with a particular condition including multiple sclerosis, liver failure, sickle cell anemia, organ related pain, and autoimmune diseases. Therefore, enabling the reader to develop a thorough understanding of how to appropriately analyse the condition and put together a suitable treatment plan for a variety of pain related conditions. Guide to the Inpatient Pain Consult comprehensively covers how to manage patients with pain in the inpatient setting, and is of use to trainees and practising internists, hospitalists, surgeons, and anaesthesiologists.
- Patient with SCS
Patient with IT pump
Patient with DBS
Patient with vagus nerve stimulator
Patient with heart failure.-Patient with heart transplant
Patient with liver failure
Patient with renal failure
Patient with respiratory failure and other conditions
Patient in active addiction
Patient on rehab and on Naloxone/Naltrexone/Methadone/ Buprenorphine
Elderly with dementia
Patient on high dose opioids
Patient who cannot take anything by mouth
Patient with psychiatric disorders
Patient with suicidal ideation
Patient who is intubated in the ICU
Patient with family members who are in addiction
Patient with sickle cell anemia
Patient with MS
Patient with HIV
Patient with autoimmune disease
Patient with GBS
Patient with TBI
Patient with power of attorney
Patient with cardiac implantable device
Patient with polypharmacy
ICU patient with sepsis
Patient with short gut
Patient caught using opioids in the hospital
Child specific considerations
Patient with multiple allergies/intolerances
Pancreatitis or organ related pain
Patient with severe nausea and vomiting
Patient with or at risk for bowel obstruction/severe complications from constipation
- Abd-Elsayed, Alaa, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-40449-9 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|