An appendix to the apologie, lately set forth, for defence of the hierarchie, and subordination of the English Catholike Church, impugned by certaine discontented priestes : Wherin two other bookes or libels of the impugners, the one in English the other in Latin, no lesse intemperate then the former, are examined, and considered, by the priestes that remaine in due obedience to their lawful superior.
- [Antwerp] : Imprinted with licence [by A. Conincx, 1602]
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 24,  leaves)
- Bagshaw, Christopher, d. 1625? Relatio compendiosa turbarum quas Jesuitae Angli, una cum D. Georgio Blackwello Archipresbytero, sacerdotibus seminariorum populoque Catholico concivere -- Controversial literature -- Early works to 1800.
Bennett, John, fl. 1588-1623. Hope of peace -- Controversial literature -- Early works to 1800.
Blackwell, George, 1546 or 1547-1613.
Catholic Church -- England -- Early works to 1800.
- Attributed to Robert Parsons by STC (2nd edition).
An appendix to his: A briefe apologie, or defence of the Catholike ecclesiastical hierarchie, and subordination in England.
The "two other bookes" replied to are "The hope of peace" by John Bennett and "Relatio compendiosa turbarum quas Jesuitae Angli, una cum D. Georgio Blackwello Archipresbytero, sacerdotibus seminariorum populoque Catholico concivere" by Christopher Bagshaw.
Publication place, printer's name, and publication date from STC.
With a final errata leaf; the last two leaves are blank.
Identified as part of STC 19392 on reel 931, and as part of STC 4832 on reel 1301.
Reproductions of the originals in the Folger Shakespeare Library (reel 931), Marsh's Library (reel 1301), and the University of London. Library (reel 1779).
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 931:3b, 1301:9b, 1779:20) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 19392.5
- Parsons, Robert, 1546-1610.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|