Ancilla pietatis, or, The hand-maid to private devotion: : presenting a manuell to her mistresse furnished with instructions hymnes and prayers : fitted to the [brace] daies of the weeke, feasts, fasts [brace] of the Church. / By Daniel Featly, D. in Divin.
- Other Title:
- Hand-maid to private devotion
Hand maid to private devotion
Hand-maid to devotion
- The third edition, corrected, and enlarged.
- At London : Printed [by George Miller] for Nicholas Bourne, and are to be sold at the south entrance of ye R. Exchange, 1640.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 834 pages)
- Devotional exercises -- Early works to 1800.
Prayers -- Early works to 1800.
- Borders (Type evidence) -- England -- 17th century.
- Place of Publication:
- Great Britain England London.
- "The practice of extraordinarie devotion, part 2, suppart [sic] 2" (leaf T7) and "... part 2, suppart [sic] 3" (leaf 2B11) each have a separate dated t.p.'s with imprint: London, Printed by George Miller for Nicholas Bourne, and are to be sold at his shop, at the South entrance of the Royall Exchange. 1628. Pagination and register are continuous.
"Daies ... Fasts" are gathered by a left brace with "fitted to the" written vertically on left of bracket, and words "Feasts Fasts" gathered by a right brace on title page.
Cancels pasted on to leaves R12r and S10v.
Errata on pages .
Title within ornamental border (McK. and Ferg. 290); text within line borders; headpieces; initials; printed marginalia.
Ms. notes at end.
Signatures: A¹² a⁸(-a8?) B-2N¹² (leaves 2N10-2N12 are blank).
Imperfect: print show-through with slight loss of text.
Reproduction of original in: British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 2397:11) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- ESTC, S92518
STC (2nd edition), 10726.5
- Miller, George, -1646, printer.
Bourne, Nicholas, -1660, bookseller.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|