The true art of angling: or, The best and speediest way of taking all sorts of freshwater fish : with the worm, fly, paste, and other baits, in their proper seasons; how to know the haunts of fish, and angle for them in all waters and weathers, at the top, middle, and bottom, baiting of the ground, and night-baits, oyls, and oyntments, baits natural and artificial: the several ways of angling; to make oyl of asper and many rare secrets never before made publick; containing the whole body of angling and mystery of a compleat angler / by J. S., a brother of the angle.
- Other Title:
- Best and speediest way of taking all sorts of freshwater fish
- The second edition
- London : Printed for George Conyers at the Golden Ring and John Sprint at the Bell in Little Britain, 1697.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 150 pages) : illustrations
- Fishing -- England -- Early works to 1800.
- J.S. = John Smith. Cf. Wing (2nd edition).
Formerly S97. Cf. Wing (2nd edition).
"Price bound 6d."
Advertisements: pages 148-150.
Imperfect: pages tightly bound, cropped and faded with loss of text.
Reproduction of original in: New York Public Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English Books, 1641-1700 ; 2957:20) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd edition) S4108F
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|