A necessary doctrine and erudition for any Christen man, : set furthe by the kynges maiestye of Englande &c..
- Other Title:
- Necessary doctrine and ervdition for any Christen man
- Imprinted at London in Fletestrete : By Thomas Barthelet printer to the Kynges Hyghnes, the .XXIX. day of May, the yere of our Lorde .M.D.XLIII. 
- Early English books online
1 online resource ( pages)
- Church of England -- Doctrines -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- A revised and enlarged edition of "The institution of a Christen man" ("The Bishops' book"), commonly called The King's book. Cf. ESTC.
The introduction is ostensibly by Henry VIII. Cf. ESTC.
Imprint from colophon (e6v).
Below the colophon: Cum priuilegio ad imprimendum solum.
In this edition A1 verso line 2 has: "boke"; A2 recto line 2 of heading has: "kyng"; N4 verso catchword: "wealthe" and line 1 ends: "wysdome"; Z2 recto line 2 ends: "ther" and line 3 ends: "wil is."
On e6 verso: This boke bounde in paper bourdes or claspes, not to be solde aboue. xvi. d.
Reproduction of the original in: British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English Books, 1475-1640 ; 2440:6) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, and Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd edition), 5169
- Henry VIII, King of England, 1491-1547.
Church of England.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|