Beasley's Guide to Library Research / David Beasley.
- Toronto : University of Toronto Press, 
1 online resource
- Library research.
Research -- Methodology.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- "Beasley's Guide to Library Research" offers straightforward help in navigating the complex labyrinth of library research. Suitable for novice and experienced researcher alike, this revised classic is an invaluable tool for locating and using materials from research libraries anywhere in the world.Written and organized for easy access, the reader is guided step-by-step through library rules and methods of operation, the effective use of microfilms and various cataloguing systems, and the location of materials using bibliographies, reference books, and periodical indices. Also covered are the most modern forms of research, including computer databases, inter-library loan systems, and online computer searches.Whether the reader is a student, teacher, writer, librarian or business person, Beasley's Guide to Library Research provides the essential information that enables all library users to make the most of their research time.
Quick Reference Guide
1. General Approach to the Research Library
2. Catalogues and How to Use Them
3. Tools of Research
4. Research in Depth
Appendix: World's Major Research Libraries and Methods of Approach
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 08. Jul 2019)
- De Gruyter.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.3138/9781442656710 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|