Failing to Win : Perceptions of Victory and Defeat in International Politics / Dominic D. P Johnson, Dominic Tierney.
- Cambridge, MA : Harvard University Press, 
1 online resource
- International relations -- Psychological aspects.
International relations -- Public opinion.
War -- Psychological aspects.
War -- Public opinion.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- How do people decide which country came out ahead in a war or a crisis? In Failing to Win, Dominic Johnson and Dominic Tierney dissect the psychological factors that predispose leaders, media, and the public to perceive outcomes as victories or defeats--often creating wide gaps between perceptions and reality.
4. Sources of Variation
5. The Cuban Missile Crisis
6. The Tet Offensive
7. The Yom Kippur War
8. The U.S. Intervention in Somalia
9. America at War
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 08. Jul 2019)
- Tierney, Dominic, author.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4159/9780674039179 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|