The Literary Spy : The Ultimate Source for Quotations on Espionage & Intelligence / Charles E. Lathrop.
- New Haven, CT : Yale University Press, 
1 online resource (496 p.)
- Espionage -- Quotations, maxims, etc.
History, Modern -- Quotations, maxims, etc.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- The Literary Spy provides a unique view of the intelligence world through the words of its own major figures (and those fascinated with them) from ancient times to the present. CIA speechwriter and analyst Charles E. Lathrop has compiled and annotated more than 3,000 "ations from such disparate sources as the Bible, spy novels and movies, Shakespeare's plays, declassified CIA documents, memoirs, TV talk shows, and speeches from U.S. and foreign leaders and officials.Arranged in thematic categories with opening commentary for each section, the "ations speak for themselves. Together they serve both to illuminate a world famous for its secrets and deceptions and to show the extent to which intelligence has manifested itself in literature and in life. Engaging, informative, and often irreverent, The Literary Spy is an exceedingly satisfying book-one that meets the needs of the serious researcher just as ably as those of the armchair spy in pursuit of an evening's entertainment.
Index of Sources
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 24. Apr 2020)
- De Gruyter.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.12987/9780300128925 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|