Wave Scattering by Time-Dependent Perturbations : An Introduction / G. F. Roach.
- Course Book
- Princeton, NJ : Princeton University Press, 
- Princeton Series in Applied Mathematics ; 25
1 online resource
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- This book offers the first comprehensive introduction to wave scattering in nonstationary materials. G. F. Roach's aim is to provide an accessible, self-contained resource for newcomers to this important field of research that has applications across a broad range of areas, including radar, sonar, diagnostics in engineering and manufacturing, geophysical prospecting, and ultrasonic medicine such as sonograms. New methods in recent years have been developed to assess the structure and properties of materials and surfaces. When light, sound, or some other wave energy is directed at the material in question, "imperfections" in the resulting echo can reveal a tremendous amount of valuable diagnostic information. The mathematics behind such analysis is sophisticated and complex. However, while problems involving stationary materials are quite well understood, there is still much to learn about those in which the material is moving or changes over time. These so-called non-autonomous problems are the subject of this fascinating book. Roach develops practical strategies, techniques, and solutions for mathematicians and applied scientists working in or seeking entry into the field of modern scattering theory and its applications. Wave Scattering by Time-Dependent Perturbations is destined to become a classic in this rapidly evolving area of inquiry.
Chapter One. Introduction and Outline of Contents
Chapter Two. Some Aspects of Waves on Strings
Chapter Three. Mathematical Preliminaries
Chapter Four. Spectral Theory and Spectral Decompositions
Chapter Five. On Nonautonomous Problems
Chapter Six. On Scattering Theory Strategies
Chapter Seven. Echo Analysis
Chapter Eight. Wave Scattering from Time-Periodic Perturbations
Chapter Nine Concerning Inverse Problems
Chapter Ten. Some Remarks on Scattering in Other Wave Systems
Chapter Eleven. Commentaries and Appendices
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 08. Jul 2019)
- De Gruyter.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9781400828166 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|