Fight Like a Girl, Second Edition : How to Be a Fearless Feminist / Megan Seely.
- New York, NY : New York University Press, 
1 online resource : 4 black and white illustrations
- Local subjects:
- LGBTQ. (search)
Reproductive Justice. (search)
Supreme Court. (search)
Title IX. (search)
abortion;abuse;activism;ally;birth control;body image;body politic;change;disability;discrimination;eating disorders;Equal Rights Amendment;fat activism;feminism;feminist movement;gender identity;global violence;globalization;grape boycott;grassroots;harassment;homophobia;inclusive;intersectionality;leadership. (search)
liveable wage. (search)
personal politics. (search)
sexual assault. (search)
social justice. (search)
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- A blueprint for the next generation of feminist activists Fight Like a Girl offers a vision of the past, present, and future of feminism. With an eye toward what it takes to create actual change and a deep understanding of women's history and the key issues facing girls and young women today, Megan Seely offers a pragmatic introduction to feminism. Written in an upbeat and personal style, Fight Like a Girl offers an overview of feminism, including historical roots, myths and meanings, triumphs and shortcomings. Sharing personal stories from her own experience as a young activist, as a mother, and as a teacher, Seely offers a practical guide to getting involved, taking action, and waging successful events and campaigns. The second edition addresses more themes and topics than before, including gender and sexuality, self-esteem, reproductive health, sexual violence, body image and acceptance, motherhood and family, and intersections of identities, such as race, gender, class, and sexualities. Fight Like a Girl is an invaluable introduction to both feminism and activism, defining the core tenets of feminism, the key challenges both within and outside the feminist movement, and the steps we can take to create a more socially just world.
THE "F- WORD": An Introduction
1. FIGHT LIKE A GIRL
2. CATCH A WAVE
3. A MOVEMENT FOR EVERYONE
4. AT THE TABLE
5. GOOD ENOUGH
6. KNOCK 'EM UP . . . KNOCK 'EM DOWN
7. FIGHTING BACK
8. LEADING THE WAY
Appendix A: Timeline and Checklist for Action
Appendix B: Building an Activist Kit
Appendix C: How to Write a Press Release
Appendix D: Guidelines to a Good Media Interview
Appendix E: Guidelines to Creating and Earning Effective Media
About the Author
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 08. Jun 2020)
- De Gruyter.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.18574/9781479843237 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|