The Pol Pot Regime ... 1975-79 : Race, Power, and Genocide in Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge / Ben Kiernan.
- New Haven, CT : Yale University Press, 
1 online resource
- Communism -- Cambodia.
Genocide -- Cambodia.
Political atrocities -- Cambodia.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- This edition of Ben Kiernan's definitive account of the Cambodian revolution and genocide includes a new preface that takes the story up to 2008 and the UN-sponsored Khmer Rouge tribunal."Deeply detailed, meticulously reported. . . . Important [and] valuable." -Nation"In this authoritative work, Ben Kiernan . . . explores the reasons why Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge revolution became a Cambodian nightmare." -Richard Gough, Times Higher Education Supplement"Perhaps the most complete [account of Pol Pot's terror] and the closest to Cambodian sources." -Economist"One of the most important contributions to the subject so far." -R. B. Smith, Asian Affairs"Kiernan, the leading authority on modern Cambodia, meticulously examines Pol Pot's killing machine and clears up many misconceptions found in earlier studies. . . . An important book for students of genocide as well as scholars of Southeast Asia." -Library Journal"[A] detailed and chilling history." -Asiaweek"The most detailed history to date of the genocidal Khmer Rouge regime. . . . This book . . . will certainly be the benchmark against which all future research on the Khmer Rouge must be measured. Very highly recommended." -Choice
Preface to the Third Edition
Preface to the Second Edition
List of Acronyms
CHAPTER ONE Introduction: The Making of the 1975 Khmer Rouge Victory
CHAPTER TWO Cleansing the Cities: The Quest for Total Power
CHAPTER THREE Cleansing the Countryside: Race, Power, and the Party, 1973-75
CHAPTER FOUR Cleansing the Frontiers: Neighbors, Friends, and Enemies, 1975-76
CHAPTER FIVE An Indentured Agrarian State, 1975-77 (I): The Base Areas-The Southwest and the East
CHAPTER SIX An Indentured Agrarian State, 1975-77 (II): Peasants and Deportees in the Northwest
CHAPTER SEVEN Ethnic Cleansing: The CPK and Cambodia's Minorities, 1975-77
CHAPTER EIGHT Power Politics, 1976-77
CHAPTER NINE Foreign Relations, 1977-78: Warfare, Weapons, and Wildlife
CHAPTER TEN "Thunder without Rain": Race and Power in Cambodia, 1978
CHAPTER ELEVEN The End of the Pol Pot Regime
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 24. Apr 2020)
- De Gruyter.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.12987/9780300142990 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|