Global Health Governance : International Law and Public Health in a Divided World / Obijiofor Aginam.
- Other records:
- Toronto : University of Toronto Press, 
1 online resource
- Globalization -- Health aspects.
Public health laws, International.
Public health laws.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- Globalization has immersed all of humanity in a single germ pool. There are no health sanctuaries in a globalizing world. InGlobal Health Governance, Obijiofor Aginam explores the relevance of international law in contemporary public health diplomacy. He focuses on the concept of mutual vulnerability to explore the globalization of disease, in what is paradoxically a global village and a divided world.Drawing from a wide range of disciplines, Global Health Governance offers a holistic approach to global health governance involving a multiplicity of actors: nation-states, international organizations, civil society organizations, and private actors. Aginam articulates modest proposals under the rubric of communitarian globalism, a paradigm that strives to meet the ideals of ?law of humanity.? These proposals project a humane global health order where all of humanity is inexorably tied into a global compact and where the health of one nation-state rises and falls with the health of others.International law ? with its bold claims to universal protection of human rights and human dignity ? is an indispensable governance tool for the reconstruction of damaged public health trust in the relations of nations and peoples.
Foreword / Weeramantry, C.G.
1. Conceptual Framework and Methodology
2. The Paradox of a Global Village in a Divided World
3. Mutual Vulnerability and Globalization of Public Health in the Global Neighbourhood
4. Vulnerability of Multilateralism and Globalization of Public Health in the Global Neighbourhood
5. Case Study: Global Malaria Policy and Ethno-Pharmacological/Traditional Medical Therapies for Malaria in Africa
6. In Search of Prophylaxis: Communitarian Globalism and Multilateral Disease Non-Proliferation Facility
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 08. Jul 2019)
- De Gruyter.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.3138/9781442675377 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|