Deviant and Criminal Behavior in the Workplace / Steven M. Elias.
- New York, NY : New York University Press, 
- Psychoanalytic Crossroads ; 5
1 online resource
- Employee crimes -- Psychological aspects.
Problem employees -- Psychology.
Violence in the workplace.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- Workplace crimes are never far from the news. From major scandals like Enron to violent crimes committed by co-workers to petty theft of office supplies, deviant and criminal behavior is common in the workplace. Psychological factors are almost always involved when an employee engages in such behavior. Deviant and Criminal Behavior in the Workplace offers insights at the level of the individual employee and also sheds light on the role organizations themselves may play in fostering such criminal behavior. The volume considers psychological factors involved in theft and fraud, workplace violence, employee discrimination, and sexual harassment. It also analyses a number of variables which can influence such behavior including employee personality, employee emotional processes, experience of occupational stress, organizational culture, organizational injustice, and human resource management practices. The book will be of core interest to those interested in the psychology and sociology of work, organizational behavior, and human resource management.
1. Conceptual Foundations
2. Emotions and Deviance
3. Born to Be Deviant?
4. The Role of Occupational Stress in Workplace Deviance
5. Accounting in Organizational Environments
6. Human Resource Management and Deviant/Criminal Behavior in Organizations
7. Hazards of Justice
8. The Role of Social Power in Sexual Harassment and Job Discrimination
9. When Employees Turn Violent
10. Workplace Violence
About the Contributors
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 08. Jun 2020)
- Elias, Steven M., editor., Editor,
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.18574/9780814722626 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|