Identity and Control : How Social Formations Emerge - Second Edition / Harrison C. White.
- Princeton, NJ : Princeton University Press, 
1 online resource : 9 line illus. 1 table.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- In this completely revised edition of one of the foundational texts of network sociology, Harrison White refines and enlarges his groundbreaking theory of how social structure and culture emerge from the chaos and uncertainty of social life. Incorporating new contributions from a group of young sociologists and many fascinating and novel case studies, Identity and Control is the only major book of social theory that links social structure with the lived experience of individuals, providing a rich perspective on the kinds of social formations that develop in the process. Going beyond traditional sociological dichotomies such as agency/structure, individual/society, or micro/macro, Identity and Control presents a toolbox of concepts that will be useful to a wide range of social scientists, as well as those working in public policy, management, or associational life and, beyond, to any reader who is interested in understanding the dynamics of social life.
Prologue: Preview of Themes
ONE. Identities Seek Control / Mitschele, Anna / Godart, Frederic
TWO. Networks and Stories / Lietz, Haiko / Wuerkner, Sabine
THREE. Three Disciplines / Redd, Rozlyn / Steiny, Don
FOUR. Styles / Godart, Frederic / Buchholz, Larissa
FIVE. Institutions and Rhetorics / Corona, Victor / Thiemann, Matthias
SIX. Regimes of Control / Thiemann, Matthias / Su, Millie
SEVEN. Getting Action / Buchholz, Larissa / Lietz, Haiko
EIGHT. Overview and Contexts / Godart, Frederic / Corona, Victor
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 08. Jul 2019)
- De Gruyter.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9781400845903 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|