Heart Care for Life : Developing the Program That Works Best for You / Genell J. Subak-Sharpe, M.S., Barry L. Zaret.
- Other records:
- New Haven, CT : Yale University Press, 
- Yale University Press Health & Wellness
1 online resource (304 p.) : 14 b/w illus.
- Heart -- Diseases -- Popular works.
Heart -- Diseases -- Prevention -- Popular works.
Heart -- Popular works -- Diseases -- Prevention.
Heart -- Popular works -- Diseases.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- More than 70 million Americans have some form of heart disease. For each of them, obtaining accurate information about the disease and the many options for dealing with it can be both empowering and life saving. In this book, cardiologist Dr. Barry L. Zaret and Genell Subak-Sharpe offer up-to-date facts about the best treatments available and an innovative approach that shows how treatment programs can be tailored to meet the needs of each unique patient.There are no short-term fixes and no one-size-fitsall programs, explain Zaret and Subak-Sharpe. Although certain characteristics are common to each form of heart disease and its treatments,these constants must be tempered against individual variables. The authors outline the constants for the full range of cardiovascular conditions, from angina and heart attacks to high blood pressure and cardiac arrhythmias. They then guide readers through the process of assessing personal variables to develop an individual treatment and life-style program.Written in a warmly reassuring style, this indispensable guide to heart care offers realistic hope and specific directions for designing a lifelong heart care program. Filled with practical advice, instructional case histories, a philosophy for controlling your health, self-tests to assess risk, and questions to ask your doctor, it looks toward an even better future for those with heart disease.
List of Abbreviations
1. A Personalized Plan: The Key to a Lifelong Heart Program
2. Exercise Your Way to a Healthy Heart and Body
3. Adopting a Heart-Healthy Diet
4. Stress, Depression, and Other Psychological Factors
5. Controlling and Stopping Smoking
6. Diagnostic Tests and Procedures
7. Treating Your Heart Condition
8. Alternative and Complementary Therapies
9. Heart Care for Women
10. Heart Disease in the Elderly
11. Heart Disease in Minority Populations
12. Young Athletes and Heart Disease
13. Adults with Congenital Heart Disease
14. Practical Advice for Travelers
15. Recently Developed Devices and Procedures
16. Biologically Based Therapies
17. Experimental Treatments and Clinical Trials
Further Reading and Resources
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 24. Apr 2020)
- Subak-Sharpe, M.S., Genell J., author., Author,
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.12987/9780300127409 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|