Management in Islamic countries : principles and practice / UmmeSalma Mujtaba Husein.
- First edition.
- New York, New York (222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017) : Business Expert Press, 2014.
- 2013 digital library.
International business collection. 1948-2760
International business collection, 1948-2760
1 online resource (138 p.)
- Management -- Religious aspects -- Islam.
Business -- Religious aspects -- Islam.
- Electronic books.
- Islamic management is the interpretation of management practices as explicated in Islamic practices. The recent growth and interest in Islamic finance has led to researchers contemplating whether Islam offers an explanation with reference to various other areas in management studies. This book offers the Islamic perspectives on business ethics, marketing, leadership, and human resource management and explains to readers the tangible need of reading Islamic management. In order to deliberate on any of the aforementioned topics the holy book, holy prophet, and other reliable scriptures are taken into account. This gives the reader a clear picture of how a given thought is originating and at the same time makes the book an authentic read. For teachers, the book offers an easy explanatory text with models, exercises and examples, discussion questions, and study questions. For researchers references for extra readings are included. A geocentric manager can benefit from the text alike whilst reading with the aim of understanding management practices from an Islamic perspective.
- 1. Why the need of Islamic management principles
2. Business ethics, the Islamic perspective
3. Marketing in Islam
4. Human resource management in Islam
5. The Islamic perspective on leadership
- Part of: 2013 digital library.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 105-108) and index.
Title from PDF title page (viewed on January 25, 2014).
- Access Restriction:
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|