The handbook of contemporary semantic theory / edited by Shalom Lappin and Chris Fox.
- 2nd ed.
- Chichester, England : Wiley Blackwell, 2015.
- Blackwell handbooks in linguistics.
Blackwell Handbooks in Linguistics
1 online resource (774 p.)
- Semantics -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Semantics (Philosophy) -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Electronic books.
- The second edition of The Handbook of Contemporary Semantic Theory presents a comprehensive introduction to cutting-edge research in contemporary theoretical and computational semantics. Features completely new content from the first edition of The Handbook of Contemporary Semantic Theory Features contributions by leading semanticists, who introduce core areas of contemporary semantic research, while discussing current research Suitable for graduate students for courses in semantic theory and for advanced researchers as an introduction to current theoretical work
- Cover; Title Page; Copyright; Dedication; Contents; Notes on Contributors; Preface; Introduction; Part I Quantifiers, Scope, Plurals, and Ellipsis; Chapter 1 Generalized Quantifiers in Natural Language Semantics; Chapter 2 Scope; Chapter 3 Plurals; Chapter 4 Ellipsis; Part II Modification, Presupposition, Tense, and Modality; Chapter 5 Adjectival Modification and Gradation; Chapter 6 Presupposition and Implicature; Chapter 7 The Semantics of Tense and Aspect: A Finite-State Perspective; Chapter 8 Conditionals and Modality; Part III Nondeclaratives; Chapter 9 Semantics of Questions
Chapter 10 The Semantics of ImperativesPart IV Type Theory and Computational Semantics; Chapter 11 Constructive Type Theory; Chapter 12 Type Theory with Records for Natural Language Semantics; Chapter 13 Curry Typing, Polymorphism, and Fine-Grained Intensionality; Chapter 14 Semantic Complexity in Natural Language; Chapter 15 Implementing Semantic Theories; Chapter 16 Vector Space Models of Lexical Meaning; Chapter 17 Recognizing Textual Entailment; Part V Interfaces; Chapter 18 Natural Logic; Chapter 19 The Syntax-Semantics Interface: Semantic Roles and Syntactic Arguments
Chapter 20 Reference in DiscourseChapter 21 Probabilistic Semantics and Pragmatics: Uncertainty in Language and Thought; Chapter 22 Semantics and Dialogue; Chapter 23 Semantics and Language Acquisition; Author Index; Subject Index; EULA
- Description based upon print version of record.
Description based on print version record.
Includes bibliographical references at the end of each chapters and indexes.
- Lappin, Shalom, editor.
Fox, Chris, 1965- editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|