Spikenard and Saffron [electronic resource] : The Imagery of the Song of Songs
- London : Continuum International Publishing, 1995.
- The Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies
The Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies ; v.No. 203
1 online resource (167 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Hebrew poetry, Biblical. (search)
- Electronic books.
- This study focuses upon the language of the Song of Songs in an attempt to see how individual images work together in the constitution of a poetic unity. The perception of certain 'imaginative fields', each of which organizes a range of related imagery, is helpful to an appreciation of the symbolic density which certain images acquire in the course of the Song's movement and to an acknowledgment of their capacity for narrativity.
- Contents; Acknowledgments; Abbreviations; Introduction; Translation; Chapter 1 COURTLY IMAGERY; Chapter 2 IMAGERY OF FAMILY LIFE; Chapter 3 NATURE IMAGERY; Chapter 4 IMAGES IN SPACE AND TIME; Conclusions; Bibliography; Index of References; Index of Authors
- Description based upon print version of record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|