Treating the juvenile offender [electronic resource] / edited by Robert D. Hoge, Nancy G. Guerra, Paul Boxer.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2008.
1 online resource (304 p.)
- Juvenile delinquency -- Treatment -- United States.
Juvenile delinquency -- United States -- Prevention.
Problem youth -- United States -- Psychology.
- Electronic books.
- This authoritative, highly readable reference and text is grounded in the latest knowledge on how antisocial and criminal behavior develops in youth and how it can effectively be treated. Contributors describe proven ways to reduce juvenile delinquency by targeting specific risk factors and strengthening young people's personal, family, and community resources. Thorough yet concise, the book reviews exemplary programs and discusses theoretical, empirical, and practical issues in assessment and intervention. It also provides best-practice recommendations for workin
- A portrait of juvenile offending in the United States / Kirk R. Williams, Louis Tuthill, and Shoon Lio
Theoretical and research advances in understanding the causes of juvenile offending / Nancy G. Guerra... [et al.]
Assessment in juvenile justice systems / Robert D. Hoge
What works : best practices with juvenile offenders / Nancy G. Guerra, Tia E. Kim, and Paul Boxer
Implementing treatment programs in community and institutional settings / Nancy G. Guerra and Caren Leaf
How policy affects practice in the treatment of juvenile offenders : the California experience / Elizabeth Siggins and Amy Seidlitz
Treatment of violent offenders / Paul Boxer and Paul J. Frick
Treating gang-involved offenders / Robert Nash Parker... [et al.]
Juvenile sexual offending : an evidence-based approach to assessment and intervention / Gary O'Reilly and Clodagh Ann Dowling
Mental health, substance abuse, and trauma / Bonita M. Veysey
Juvenile offenders with special education needs / Carolyn Eggleston
The female juvenile offender / Robert D. Hoge and Lynda Robertson.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Hoge, Robert D., 1939-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|