Helping abused and traumatized children [electronic resource] : integrating directive and nondirective approaches / Eliana Gil ; foreword by John Briere.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2006.
1 online resource (272 p.)
- Child abuse -- Treatment.
- Electronic books.
- Presenting an integrative model for treating traumatized children, this book combines play, art, and other expressive therapies with ideas and strategies drawn from cognitive-behavioral and family therapy. Eliana Gil demonstrates how to tailor treatment to the needs of each child by using both directive and nondirective approaches. Throughout, practical clinical examples illustrate ways to target trauma-related symptomatology while also helping children process painful feelings and memories that are difficult to verbalize. The book concludes with four in-depth cases that bring to life the
- Basic principles in working with abused and traumatized children
Guidelines for integrated assessment
Guidelines for integrated treatment
Family therapy and family play therapy
Special issues: posttraumatic play, trauma-focused play therapy (TF-PT), and problems of dissociation
Scotty, the castle, and the princess guard
Carla's search for her lost mother
Danger in the backyard
The witch, the baby, and the bug / Sarah Stoudt Briggs.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Briere, John.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|