Teaching students about the world of work : a challenge to postsecondary educators / edited by Nancy Hoffman, Michael Lawrence Collins.
- Cambridge, MA : Harvard Education Press, 
- Work and learning series
Work and learning series
xiii, 214 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Young adults -- Education -- United States.
Young adults -- Employment -- United States.
Community college students -- Services for -- United States.
Community colleges -- Curricula -- United States.
Minorities -- Education (Higher) -- United States.
Education -- Economic aspects -- United States.
School-to-work transition -- United States.
Wages -- Effect of education on -- United States.
Community college students -- Services for.
Community colleges -- Curricula.
Education -- Economic aspects.
Minorities -- Education (Higher)
Wages -- Effect of education on.
Young adults -- Education.
Young adults -- Employment.
- "Teaching Students About the World of Work argues that educational institutions-especially two-year and four-year public institutions serving low-income students-need to make the topic of employment a central element in their educational offerings"-- Provided by publisher.
- SECTION I.. BEYOND COLLEGE COMPLETION: WHY WORK BELONGS IN THE CURRICULUM: Putting work at the center of community college completion reform: the college mobility narrative in the United States / Michael Lawrence Collins
Reimagining experiential learning and internships for community college students / Pam Eddinger and Richard Kazis
Ethnographies of work: a transformative framework for career learning / Mary Gatta and Niesha Ziehmke
SECTION II. GOOD JOBS, GOOD CAREERS: When can a job launch a career?: what students need to know about the real economic opportunities of middle-skill work / Sara Lamback and Charlotte Cahill
What makes a good job? / Katie Bach and Sarah Kalloch
SECTION III. THEORY AND EVIDENCE
IMPLICATIONS FOR PRACTICE: The psychology of working theory: a theory of change for personal and systemic intervention / David Blustein and Maureen Kenny
Work-related barriers experienced by low-income people of color and indigenous individuals / Gloria McGillen, Lisa Flores, and Gregory Seaton
"Implicit" skills: meeting the challenge of the twenty-first-century workforce / Brent Orrell with Caleb Seibert
Social capital and the social construction of skills / Nancy Hoffman and Mary Gatta.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Hoffman, Nancy, editor.
Collins, Michael Lawrence, 1966- editor.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|