Secondary ICT. Personalised learning with ICT. 2, The Dudley PDA project / producer/director, Beth Newell ; Big Heart Media.
- Other Title:
- Dudley PDA project
Academic Video Online.
- [London, England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2005.
1 online resource (15 minutes)
- Educational technology -- Great Britain.
- Instructional television programs.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Can personal digital assistants (PDAs) remove barriers to learning and enable flexibility of access? Do they assist cross-curricular use and extended learning opportunities beyond the classroom? These were the questions that Dudley LEA set out to answer when it embarked on an ambitious pilot to introduce PDAs into schools across the authority. The programme visits two schools that have been involved in the first phase of the pilot to find out how pupils and teachers have been adapting. John Davies, Future Learning Adviser at the Dudley Grid for Learning, who is responsible for taking the project forward, also discusses his role. The pilot is still in its infancy and users have been experiencing a few teething problems, but the initial response from schools is very positive. Teachers and pupils have already identified big advantages in using the PDAs as educational tools and have begun to explore how the technology might transform teaching and learning in the future.
- Title from resource description page (viewed March 24, 2020).
- Newell, Beth, director, producer.
Big Heart Media, production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Other format:
- Original cat. no.: 032050020B
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|