The human face of big data / Against All Odds Productions ; Luminous Content with Whitehouse and Psyop ; directed by Sandy Smolan ; produced by Bill Medsker, Sandy Smolan.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Sausalito, CA : Ro*Co Films, 2014.
1 online resource (57 minutes)
- Information technology.
Big data -- Social aspects.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Big Data is defined as the real time collection, analyses, and visualization of vast amounts of information. In the hands of Data Scientists, this raw information is fueling a revolution which many people believe may have as big an impact on humanity going forward as the Internet has over the past two decades. Its enabling us to sense, measure, and understand aspects of our existence in ways never before possible. The Human Face of Big Data captures an extraordinary revolution sweeping, almost invisibly, through business, academia, government, healthcare, and everyday life.
- Narrator: Joel McHale ; featuring Rick Smolan, John Battelle, Charles Duhigg, Juan Enriquez, Marc Goodman, Juliette Powell, Charles Pierce, Deb Roy, Eric Topol.
- Cinematography by Jacek Laskus ; music by Philip Sheppard ; edited by Dan Oberle.
- Title from resource description page (viewed April 30, 2020).
Boston International Film Festival Best Cinematography (2014)
- Smolan, Sandy, director, producer.
Medsker, Bill, producer.
McHale, Joel, 1971- narrator.
Luminous Content (Firm), production company.
Against All Odds Productions, production company.
Film Platform, film distributor.
Ro*Co Films Educational (Firm), publisher.
Alexander Street Press.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|