Automation and Collaborative Robotics [electronic resource] : A Guide to the Future of Work / by Peter Matthews, Steven Greenspan.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Berkeley, CA : Apress : Imprint: Apress, 2020.
1 online resource (xxii, 271 pages) : illustrations
- Machine learning.
- Local subjects:
- Machine Learning. (search)
Robotics and Automation. (search)
- System Details:
- text file
- Understand the current and future research into technologies that underpin the increasing capabilities of automation technologies and their impact on the working world of the future. Rapid advances in automation and robotics technologies are often reported in the trade and general media, often relying on scary headlines such as “Jobs Lost to Robots.” It is certainly true that work will change with the advent of smarter and faster automated workers; however, the scope and scale of the changes is still unknown. Automation may seem to be here already, but we are only at the early stages. Automation and Collaborative Robotics explores the output of current research projects that are improving the building blocks of an automated world. Research into collaborative robotics (cobotics) is merging digital, audio, and visual data to generate a commonly held view between cobots and their human collaborators. Low-power machine learning at the edge of the network can deliver decision making on cobots or to their manipulations. Topics covered in this book include: Robotic process automation, chatbots, and their impact in the near future The hype of automation and headlines leading to concerns over the future of work Component technologies that are still in the research labs Foundational technologies and collaboration that will enable many tasks to be automated with human workers being re-skilled and displaced rather than replaced You will: Be aware of the technologies currently being researched to improve or deliver automation Understand the impact of robotics, other automation technologies, and the impact of AI on automation Get an idea of how far we are from implementation of an automated future Know what work will look like in the future with the deployment of these technologies.
- Part 1: Preparing for the Future of Work
Chapter 1: Will Robots Replace You?
Chapter 2: Technology Definitions
Part 2: Robots are Working
Chapter 3: Robotic Process Automation
Chapter 4: Robots in Teams
Chapter 5: Robots Without Arms
Part 3: Making Sense for Robots and Society
Chapter 6: Robots in a World of Data
Chapter 7: Robots in Society
Chapter 8: Work in the Future.
- Includes index.
- Greenspan, Steven. author., Author,
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4842-5964-1 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|