Gendering Women Identity and Mental Wellbeing through the Lifecourse / Suzanne Clisby, Julia Holdsworth.
- Other Title:
- Knowledge Unlatched.
- [sine loco] : Bristol University Press, 2014.
1 online resource (1 pages)
- Social sciences.
- Electronic books.
- An account of how constructions of femininity fundamentally affect women's mental wellbeing through the life course. Led by women's life history accounts of growing up and growing older in the north of England, this book shows how experiences of becoming and being a woman - in family life, education, employment, motherhood and situations of violence - both enable and erode self confidence and esteem. The challenges to women's mental wellbeing cut across age and class differences and have profound impacts on the material conditions of women's lives throughout the life course. This is in turn a driver of inequality that is often under-recognised in mainstream policy.
- Local notes:
- KU Select 2019: HSS Backlist Books
- Holdsworth, Julia author.
- Access Restriction:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access star
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|