Composing peace : mission composition in UN peacekeeping / Vincenzo Bove, Chiara Ruffa, Andrea Ruggeri.
- Oxford, England ; New York, New York : Oxford University Press, 
- Oxford scholarship online.
Oxford scholarship online
1 online resource (288 pages).
- United Nations -- Peacekeeping forces -- Management.
- Electronic books.
- The book explores how diversity in United Nations' peace mission composition affects peacekeeping effectiveness. It identifies four key dimensions of composition: Blue Helmets' field diversity, top mission leadership diversity (between Force Commander and Special Representative of the Secretary General), vertical leadership distance (Leadership-Blue Helmets), and horizontal distance with the local population. Each dimension of diversity of mission is measured as linguistic, geographical, and religious distance. The book finds that diversity of Blue Helmets and diversity of top leadership may increase the mission's capacity to reduce battle-field violence and civilian victimization. This book crucially demonstrates why diversity of mission composition is a key variable to consider when trying to enhance peacekeeping effectiveness.
- Also issued in print: 2020.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Ruffa, Chiara, author.
Ruggeri, Andrea, author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|