Battlefields from event to heritage / John Carman, Patricia Carman.
- Oxford, England : Oxford University Press, 
- Oxford scholarship online.
Oxford scholarship online
1 online resource (288 pages).
- Electronic books.
- What is - or makes a place - a 'historic battlefield'? From one perspective the answer is a simple one - it is a place where large numbers of people came together in an organised manner to fight one another at some point in the past. But from another perspective it is far more difficult to identify. Quite why any such location is a place of battle - rather than any other kind of event - and why it is especially historic is more difficult to identify. This book sets out an answer to the question of what a historic battlefield is in the modern imagination, drawing upon examples from prehistory to the twentieth century.
- Also issued in print: 2020.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Carman, Patricia, author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|