Imaging Techniques in Dental Radiology : Acquisition, Anatomic Analysis and Interpretation of Radiographic Images / by Ingrid Rozylo-Kalinowska.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- Medicine (SpringerNature-11650)
1 online resource (XIX, 188 pages) : 194 illustrations, 158 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- Dentistry. (search)
Diagnostic Radiology. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book is an up-to-date guide to the performance and interpretation of imaging studies in dental radiology. After opening discussion of the choice of X-ray equipment and materials, intraoral radiography, panoramic radiography, cephalometric radiology, and cone-beam computed tomography are discussed in turn. With the aid of many illustrated examples, patient preparation and positioning are thoroughly described for each modality. Common technical errors and artifacts are identified and the means of avoiding them, explained. The aim is to equip the reader with all the information required in order to perform imaging effectively and safely. The normal radiographic anatomy and landmarks are then discussed, prior to thorough coverage of frequent dentomaxillofacial lesions. Accompanying images display the characteristic features of each lesion. Further topics to be addressed are safety precautions for patients and staff. The book will be an ideal aid for all dental practitioners and will also be of value for dental students.
- Introduction to Dental Radiography
Materials and Preparation for Dental X-rays
Intraoral Radiography in Dentistry
Panoramic Radiography in Dentistry
Cephalometric Radiograph in Dentistry
Dental Cone-Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
Technical Errors and Artefacts in Dental Radiography
Normal Anatomical Landmarks in Dental X-rays and CBCT Studies
Analysis of Dental Radiographs and CBCT Studies
Legal Provisions for Ionizing Radiation in Dentistry
Safety Precautions for Dental Patient and Dental Staff Using X-ray.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer Nature eBook
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-41372-9 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|