Solar Cells and Modules / edited by Arvind Shah.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- Physics and Astronomy (SpringerNature-11651)
Springer series in materials science 0933-033X ; 301
Springer Series in Materials Science, 0933-033X ; 301
1 online resource (XX, 346 pages) : 225 illustrations, 176 illustrations in color.
- Surfaces (Physics)
Interfaces (Physical sciences)
Electronics -- Materials.
- Local subjects:
- Surface and Interface Science, Thin Films.
Energy Policy, Economics and Management.
Optical and Electronic Materials.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book gives a comprehensive introduction to the field of photovoltaic (PV) solar cells and modules. In thirteen chapters, it addresses a wide range of topics including the spectrum of light received by PV devices, the basic functioning of a solar cell, and the physical factors limiting the efficiency of solar cells. It places particular emphasis on crystalline silicon solar cells and modules, which constitute today more than 90 % of all modules sold worldwide. Describing in great detail both the manufacturing process and resulting module performance, the book also touches on the newest developments in this sector, such as Tunnel Oxide Passivated Contact (TOPCON) and heterojunction modules, while dedicating a major chapter to general questions of module design and fabrication. Overall, it presents the essential theoretical and practical concepts of PV solar cells and modules in an easy-to-understand manner and discusses current challenges facing the global research and development community.
- Solar Irradiation (and other Illumination Conditions)
Theory of the p-i-n Solar Cell
Amorphous and Microcrystalline Silicon
Contact Layers, TCO Layers and Light Trapping
Thin-Film Silicon Solar Cell Design Options
Thin-Film Silicon Solar Cell Performance
Thin-Film Silicon Solar Panels and Modules
Module Fabrication Issues (Including Encapsulation)
Module Testing: STC and Field Performance
Life Cycle Analysis.
- Shah, Arvind, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer Nature eBook
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-46487-5 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|