The Peroneal Tendons : A Clinical Guide to Evaluation and Management / edited by Mark Sobel.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- Medicine (SpringerNature-11650)
1 online resource (XXIV, 443 pages) : 290 illustrations, 186 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This unique book is a practical, "go to" source of comprehensive information on the care of peroneal tendon injuries, accurately illustrating this hot topic with many anatomical drawings of how the anatomy influences the diseases we see clinically. This presentation opens with a review of the normal anatomy, biomechanics and examination of the peroneal tendons, followed by a discussion of congenital variations and imaging strategies used in diagnosis and evaluation. Both conservative and surgical management techniques are then elucidated in injury-specific chapters, from peroneus brevis splits and stenosing tenosynovitis to painful os peroneum syndrome (POPS) and acute dislocation. Chapters on rehabilitation and comorbid pathologies round out the presentation. The diagnosis of peroneal tendon injury is much more common today than it was 20 years ago. Utilizing the latest evidence and presenting the most cutting-edge management techniques, The Peroneal Tendons will be useful for orthopedic and podiatric surgeons, sports medicine specialists, and students and residents in these areas. .
- Normal Anatomy and Physical Examination of the Peroneal Tendons
Biomechanics of the Peroneal Tendons
Congenital Variations of the Peroneal Tendons
Imaging of the Peroneal Tendons
Conservative Treatment of the Peroneal Tendons
Peroneal Brevis Splits
Peroneal Brevis Splits Associated with Chronic Lateral Ankle Instability
Stenosing Tenosynovitis along the Lateral Wall of the Calcaneus
Painful Os Peroneum Syndrome (POPS)
Attritional Rupture of the Peroneal Tendons
Acute Subluxation/Dislocation of the Peroneal Tendons
Immobilization and Rehabilitation of the Peroneal Tendons
Peroneal Tendon Pathology Associated with the Cavovarus Foot
Peroneal Tendon Pathology Associated with Calcaneous Fractures.
- Sobel, Mark, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer Nature eBook
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-46646-6 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|