3D Team Leadership : A New Approach for Complex Teams / T. Brad Harris, Bradley L. Kirkman.
- Stanford, CA : Stanford University Press, 
1 online resource (312 pages)
Teams in the workplace.
- Local subjects:
- complexity. (search)
leader focus. (search)
virtual teams. (search)
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- Many organizations believe that high-functioning teams hold the key to breakthrough thinking, superior customer service, and high-quality products. But, all too often, leaders and managers fail to support teams so that they can deliver on their promises. For instance, many leaders ask for teamwork, but only reward and evaluate individual performance; focus on the group at the expense of individual members; or leave team members to sort out their differences, leading to the formation of unhealthy cliques. In 3D Team Leadership, Bradley L. Kirkman and T. Brad Harris present a dynamic new model for maximizing team performance. Previous books have treated teams as groups of people working interdependently, an approach that overlooks two crucial components: the individuals who make up the team and the subgroups that form within and between teams. To create a fuller portrait of team behavior, Kirkman and Harris propose an innovative "3D" framework that takes into account all three factors. Drawing on their own research, best-in-class studies, and extensive consulting, they show leaders how to properly diagnose the state of their teams, hone in on the element that needs attention, and seamlessly shift focus among the three components of teamwork as time goes on. Delivering practical guidance rooted in scholarship, 3D Team Leadership is a thoughtful and straightforward guide for the complex challenge of teaming today.
1 The Dramatically Changing Landscape of Leading Teams
2 3D Team Leadership
3 The First Dimension: The "I's" in Teams
4 The Second Dimension: A Team as a Whole
5 The Third Dimension: Subteams
6 Putting It All Together: Knowing When to Focus on What in Your Team
7 3D Team Leadership across Cultures
8 3D Team Leadership in Virtual Teams
9 What It Takes to Be a 3D Team Leader
10 Assessing Your 3D Team Leadership Skills
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 23. Jul 2020)
- Harris, T. Brad, author., Author,
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9781503603233 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|