Remote sensing from air and space / Richard C. Olsen.
- Second edition.
- Bellingham, Washington : SPIE, 2016.
- SPIE monograph ; PM266.
SPIE digital library
SPIE Press monograph ; PM266
1 online resource (xiv, 296 pages)
- Remote sensing.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- In this new edition of an SPIE bestseller, R. C. Olsen examines the definition and uses of remote sensing from a military perspective. The book discusses the instruments and principles that support a wide range of systems: optical, thermal, and radar. The text focuses on satellites-including power, data storage, and telemetry systems-because this knowledge is important for the development of new remote sensing systems. A new chapter dedicated to LiDAR develops the necessary physics for each domain and presents a few appropriate operational systems. A radiometry component has been added to the infrared (IR), radar (SAR), and LiDAR sections. Full-color images, as well as detailed examples and problems sets, make this a valuable textbook for students and engineers alike.
1. Introduction to remote sensing
2. Electromagnetic basics
3. Optical imaging
4. Optical satellite systems
5. Orbital mechanics interlude
6. Spectral and polarimetric imagery
7. Image analysis
8. Thermal infrared
9. Radio detection and ranging (RADAR)
10. Radar systems and applications
11. Light detection and ranging
Appendix 1. Derivations
Appendix 2. Corona
Appendix 3. Tracking and data relay satellite system
Appendix 4. Useful equations and constants
- "SPIE Digital Library."--Website.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Title from PDF title page (SPIE eBooks Website, viewed 2016-07-15).
- Society of Photo-optical Instrumentation Engineers, publisher.
- Other format:
- Online version: Olsen, R. C. (Richard C.), 1952- author. Remote sensing from air and space
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1117/3.2234477 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|